Creative ways to use a toddler play yard
Are you considering buying a toddler play yard to create a safe baby play area for your little one?
On this page, we will give you some ideas on how you can make the most out of a multipanel play yard.
As every mom with a crawling baby knows, you can’t turn your head even for a second, or they get into trouble.
The most exhausting thing at that age is that you have to watch your little explorer every moment of the day.
You have to wait until your little one is finally asleep in his crib before you are able to get some work done.
Woudn't it be wonderful to know that your baby is in a space that keeps him safe and occupied?
A perfect solution is a modern toddler play yard which consists of multiple panels. With these super play yards you have endless options to create the ideal play area for your little crawler to play.
Why buy a large toddler play yard
There are several reasons why it is worth investing in a large play yard for your kids.
- A larger play area gives your baby enough space to play and enjoy himself for a longer period of time.
- All super play yard can also be used outside in the garden. This gives you the opportunity to relax or work in your garden while baby plays in a safely fenced area.
- You do not need to be a handy-man because these play yards are easy and quick to assemble.
- Because they are so light weight and portable, you can set them up anywhere you like.
- You are able to create a play area that fits your needs, whether you prefer a square, triangular or hexagonal.one. And when you discover that the play yard is not big enough, you can always buy and add some extra panels.
Some of these super play yards come with an installation kit, so you can also mount the end parts to the wall. This makes it possible to fence a certain area like, around the fire place, the TV or the entrance to the kitchen.
Shopping for the best toddler play yard
- First of all decide how much space you need? Do you want to use it for one child, or do you have twins. If you need to block a certain area, measure first, to see how many panels you will need.
- Some play yards combine a safe area, with educational toys for fun and learning. The Pavlovz Toyz Activity Play Yard comes with an activity board with educational toys, like dial a phone, move the gears, look in the mirror, tell time on the clock.
- Toddler play yards come in many different prices and sizes. Choose one made of sturdy material. Quality is more important than the price when it concerns your baby’s safety.
More shopping tips;
- The higher the panels, the longer you will be able to use the play yard. The play yard is of no use any more if your child is able to climb over the sides.
- Does the play yard have a walk-thru door, so you have easier access to your child?
- Finally, look for the certification sticker from the JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association).
Play yards with lots of color
Some babies refuse to stay for too long in a play yard because they get bored. To prevent this go for more colorful designs, like the Kidzone Baby Play Pen or the Friendly Toys Little Playzone with Sounds and Lights
The best part is that these play yards can also be used in the garden. Just remember to put it in a shady place, or under an umbrella. Your toddler will be able to play outside, and he cannot get into things that may hurt him. .
The best surface for the toddler play yard
Toddler play yards have no base like a normal baby play pen. If you place the super play yard outside or on hard floor surfaces you will need a large play mat your baby or toddler.
Foam playmats with interlocking tiles come in many attractive designs. But reading the customer guidelines there is a warning saying that they are not suitable for children under the age of 3. It is possible that babies pull of small pieces and chock on them.
A colorful and very large (82.7 x 0.5 x 55.1 inches) playmat is the Baby Care Play Mat.The soft cushioned surface ensures that your toddler, while learning to stand or crawl, will not hurt himself.
The best feature of this mat is that it's easy to clean, hygenic and waterproof.